For the convenience of the students who have passed their +2 in varied streams, the admission procedure is online and simple. On meeting the eligibility criteria declared by us on the website, the students can apply online for their preferred course. There are separate forms for all the courses offered in different subjects. By filling up the admission form available on our website, the students can apply easily. The process of payment of the online application form is also provided in the forms.
- Students who passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) in 2018 or 2019 from all recognized Boards such as West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE), CBSE, ISC, National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) and different Boards of other states are eligible to apply for admission in Vedanta College, subject to fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria.
- Students seeking admission should qualify with five (5) recognized subjects (full marks not being less than 100 each) of which at least one shall be a language subject.
- Students joining from other Universities/Boards may, however, be admitted only provisionally at their own risk. It requires them to pay a Migration Fee and to furnish the Migration Certificate to the College Office within two months from admission, failing which their provisional admission will be cancelled
50% marks in Aggregate and 45 % marks in the Subject applied for or related subject
55% marks in the Subject applied for or related subject
50 % in aggregate, if the candidate has not studied the Subject
- . Candidates joining from other universities /Boards etc. are therefore, advised to ascertain their eligibility from the Calcutta University before getting themselves admitted here.
- Candidates seeking admission for B.A./ B.Sc./ B. Com( Honours course) need to have obtained in the previous qualifying examination ( H S or Equivalent ):
- Candidates seeking admission to B.A. / B.Sc./ B. Com ( General course ) need to have to obtained 30 % marks in aggregate.
- Aggregate marks will be calculated adding the marks of top Four subjects excluding Environmental Science
- Follow the link to apply for Admission (Link)
- An applicant may apply for a maximum of three honours subjects. Separate application must be submitted for each honours subject
- Applicants must take a printout of the application form after successful online submission of the application. Applicants are instructed to keep the print out of Application Form and College/Applicants copy of Bank Challan or online payment receipt with themselves and submit to the college only at the time of admission and not prior to that.
- For details of the Admission procedure, please visit our College website.
Some Important Information Regarding Admission:
1. Admission Forms are available from the College Website (Admission Form).
2. Separate admission form should be used for each subject applied for.
3. The admission Forms, duly filled in, must be submitted on-line on or before the specified dates to be notified. Admission Forms will not be received after the specified dates under any circumstances.
4. List of selected candidates eligible for admission to the above mentioned courses will be published in the College Website.
5. The list of Candidates selected for admission will be treated as cancelled as soon as the corresponding last date(s) and time are over.
6. Candidates will have to be present with all original testimonials at the time of admission.
7. Admission for a candidate will be cancelled if any information given by him / her is found to be wrong or suppressed.
8. Re-admission is not a matter of right. Student may be re-admitted subject to the fulfillment of the conditions and approval of the College authority.
Discontinuation of Studies:
A student who wants discontinue studies or remains absent from the college for a long time without applying for withdrawal of names shall be liable to clear all the college dues up to the current month, if she/ he wants to collect any certificate or record from the College on a subsequent date.
Change of Subject:
For any change of subject after admission, student concerned shall have to apply to the Principal in writing within one month from the date of commencement of their classes.